Sunday, April 7, 2 p.m., East York Civic Centre
850 Coxwell at Mortimer, NW Corner (0.7 km north of Coxwell Station)
* Ron Plain of Aamjiwnaang First Nation (Sarnia).
* Sabrina Bowman, climate campaign coordinator for Environmental Defence.
* Ian Angus, author, The Global Fight for Climate Justice.
Presentations will be followed by open discussion.
Organized by East End Against Line 9. EastEndNoTar@gmail.com #EastEndNoTar..
Monday, April 8, 6:30 p.m., Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Health Centre
1900 Davenport Rd. west of Symington
Special guest: Ron Plain of Aamjiwnaang First Nation.
Panel of speakers followed by open discussion.
Organized by West End No Line 9. firstname.lastname@example.org.
A dangerous, irresponsible project:
– If Enbridge Corp. gets its way, corrosive and toxic tar sands oil may soon flow through its “Line 9” across the heart of Toronto.
– A Line 9 spill in Toronto, like the one in Michigan in 2010, would be a public health and environmental disaster.
– Enbridge now wants government approval of its Line 9 project.
– Toronto City Council wants a say on Line 9 and will intervene in regulatory hearings.
– Toronto residents need to voice their concern. Stop Line 9!