Protecting The Great Lakes ForeverCouncil of Canadians chairperson Maude Barlow will be taking part in a 7-city tour speaking in defence of the Great Lakes along with community activists and water experts. The tour will provide an opportunity to highlight pressing issues in each of these communities.
- Duluth, Minnesota - April 4
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin - April 15
- Grand Rapids, Michigan - April 16
7 p.m. Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park, 1000 East Beltline Avenue NE
Facebook event | Learn more at earthday.wmeac.org
- Rochester, New York - April 25
7 p.m. Monroe Community College, 1000 East Henrietta Road
- Toronto, Ontario - April 27 - 2013 Great Lakes Commons Water Forum
12:00-5:00 p.m. Harbourfront Centre, 235 Queens Quay W (Read more)
- Saugeen Shores, Ontario - August 1
7 p.m. Rotary Hall in the Saugeen Shores Town Complex, 600 Tomlinson Drive, Port Elgin, Ontario
- Bayfield, Ontario - September 28
Details available soon
The Council of Canadians is organizing this second part of the Great Lakes tour with FLOW, On the Commons and other allies. In May 2012, during the first part of this Great Lakes tour, Barlow spoke in Toronto, Hamilton, Thunder Bay, Kingston, Sarnia, Tiny Township, Owen Sound and London. Read an overview campaign blog on this Great Lakes Need Great Friends tour here.